Bishop Fabiny led a devotional based off of Psalm 9, leading the group with the reminder that God does not forget the poor and the oppressed. After the devotional, the YAGM missionaries each introduced themselves, as well as shared about their sites of service. Bishop Fabiny also gave a short presentation on the Lutheran Church in Hungary, as well as all of the ministries that they are involved in. Friendly conversation was shared over pizza and coffee.
All YAGM missionaries serve in community empowerment projects, as well as worship with Lutheran communities in the communities in which they serve. Seven YAGM missionaries serve in Hungary: Budapest, Piliscsaba, Pilis, Nyíregyháza, Szeged, and Szarvas. Three YAGM missionaries serve in Serbia: Novi Sad and Belgrade.
If you’re interested in learning more about the YAGM program, and the work that the missionaries are involved in, you can check out their blog links below:
- YAGM Central Europe Facebook oldal: https://www.facebook.com/YAGMCentralEurope/
- Ana Kondratiev / Piliscsaba: https://lifeinserbians.home.blog/
- Callie Arendt / Szeged: https://cravingadventurehungary.blogspot.com
- Jessie Hill / Belgrád: https://servinginserbia.wordpress.com/
- John Baynton / Novi Sad: https://journingwithjohn.home.blog
- Jonathan Baunach / Szarvas: https://jonathanyagm.wordpress.com
- Tina Geistfeld / Belgrád: https://sojournsaroundtheworld.wordpress.com
- Sydney Ewing / Pilis: https://anappetiteformission.com
- Tabby Sanderson & Tony Yang / Nyíregyháza: https://tabbytonywanderlust.com/
- Taylor Walker / Budapest: @koszi_koszi on Instagram